Churchill State Park offers fall programs
October 19, 2012
SILVER SPRINGS – Fort Churchill State Park south of Silver Springs is offering two fall programs including a Halloween event for children.
That Halloween Safe House and Trick-or-Treat program is set for Saturday, Oct. 27. The event is free but children must be in costume to participate. It starts at 5 p.m. at Buckland Station – a three story ranch house – south of the main park entrance.
The second event is called The Night Sky, a basic astronomy program by rangers explaining what can be seen in the night sky with the naked eye or binoculars. There won’t be telescopes there but participants are invited to bring their own. Red lights are recommended, not white flashlights.
The event starts at 6 p.m. Nov. 5 at the cemetery parking lot in fort Churchill about eight miles south of Silver Springs.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts