City Hall seeks RTC, Audit applicants
October 16, 2013
City government is seeking applicants for volunteer positions on the Regional Transportation Commission and the Audit Committee.
The Board of Supervisors wants to hear from people to serve on the RTC and the companion Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Board. RTC members join representatives from adjacent jurisdictions to make up the CAMPO panel.
Members of RTC and CAMPO discuss and take action on federal funds spent on transportation and transit projects in the city and area. Two spots are open and terms expire at the end of December 2015. CAMPO meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. and the RTC meets immediately after CAMPO adjourns.
Applications will be accepted until Dec. 5; board interviews are on Thursday, Dec. 19.
Those also are the dates for the applications and interviews for the two openings on the Audit Committee if individuals are interested in serving in a citizen-at-large capacity. City residents with experience in financial services, accounting and/or auditing with knowledge of pertinent laws fit the profile, which also includes a need for no conflicts.
The two audit panel positions also run until the terms end in December 2015.
Applications for all the openings go to Carson City Executive Offices, which is in Suite 2 at City Hall, 201 N. Carson St.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat