City manager candidates narrowed to 7
March 14, 2014
Carson City Fire Chief Stacey Giomi and Jeffrey Fontaine, executive director of the Carson City-based Nevada Association of Counties, are among seven names for city manager going to the Board of Supervisors.
Heather Renschler of Ralph Andersen & Associates in Northern California, the headhunting firm retained by the city, pared that list to the group she considered qualified and decided to recommend.
The other five candidates recommended to the board for the next steps to cut the field: Timothy Hacker, former city manger in North Las Vegas; David Johnston, Maple Valley, Wash., city manager; Nicholas Marano, Marano and Associates Consultants of Carlsbad, Calif.; James Nichols, Midland, Texas, assistant city manager; and Curt Rauhut, resources management director with the Army in San Antonio.
The candidates will be discussed during Thursday's Board of Supervisors.
A complete story will appear in Sunday's Nevada Appeal.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose