City officials waiting for analysis on state budget
January 18, 2013
Carson City’s city manager and finance director say they are waiting on word from a numbers-crunching expert they have studying the state budget plan of Gov. Brian Sandoval before commenting on potential impact to city government.
City Manger Larry Werner said he was looking to find out about “special considerations” in the state budget and whether city government would be helped or hurt by them.
City Finance Director Nick Providenti said he was looking for analysis beyond the $475 million Mayor Robert Crowell mentioned as pass-downs from the state that might be alleviated. The mayor mentioned those in his state of the city speech on Tuesday.
“There are other pass downs,” Providenti said, adding the city hasn’t heard anything yet about them.
Providenti said the person analyzing the governor’s budget is an experienced hand.
“We have a guy that used to work for the state,” he said.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary