Claire Clift to return as Senate Secretary
November 8, 2014
Claire Clift, who was secretary to the Nevada Senate for a decade before Democrats took over in 2011, will return to that position for the 2015 session.
Clift was replaced by David Beyerman when Democrats led by Steven Horsford took over the chamber.
Sen. Michael Roberson, R-Las Vegas, moved the day after winning the majority and being named Majority leader on Tuesday to replace Beyerman and bring Clift back.
"Claire will be a tremendous asset to the Senate," Roberson said. "She was successful as the steward of the Nevada State Senate for 10 years and I'm confident she will once again excel in this capacity."
Roberson said her comprehensive understanding of the Senate and the job is the reason for her selection.
The Secretary directs the daily operation of the upper house on a full time basis. During session, he or she stands at the podium on the Senate floor, directing operations in conjunction with the lieutenant governor, and manages a session staff of more than 100 including committee and legislative secretaries and staff.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims