Clark Deputy DA to receive Raggio award
September 26, 2012
Clark County Assistant District Attorney Chris Owens will receive the 2012 William J. Raggio Award.
The award is presented annually by the attorney general and the Nevada Advisory Council for Prosecuting Attorneys to a prosecutor or former prosecutor who has contributed significantly to the improvement of the administration of justice in Nevada.
Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto described Owens as a dedicated prosecutor who has served “with distinction, leadership and integrity.”
“Chris is an excellent trial lawyer, is very deserving of this award and we applaud him for his accomplishments,” she said.
Raggio himself, a state senator for nearly 40 years and Washoe County district attorney before that, was the first five recipient of the award in 1998. Other recipients over the years include former Douglas County district attorney and now senior U.S. District Judge Howard McKibben as well as former Carson City District Attorney Noel Waters.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts