Classroom donates to animal services
May 17, 2014
Students in Nancy Cole's third-grade class at Empire Elementary School saved their coins all year to make a donation to Carson Animal Services Initiative, which has the mission to raise money to help Carson City build a new animal shelter.
The students presented $52.27 to Lisa Schuette, chairwoman of CASI, on Tuesday.
An anonymous donor left another $20 with the office, bringing the donation $72.27.
The students have also been learning the importance of being a part of a community.
"Our slogan is 'Building shelter, building community,'" Schuette said. "I'd say that's happening."
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19