Clear Creek fire contained
July 20, 2014
Firefighters contained the Clear Creek fire almost a full day ahead of scheduled, the Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch Center stated.
As of 8 p.m. Friday night the fire was 100 percent contained.
Earlier on Friday Sierra Front along with Carson City Fire Chief Stacey Giomi predicted 100 percent containment.
The fire was estimated at 187 acres.
"We had a scare (Thursday) afternoon," Giomi said earlier Friday. "A couple of areas spotted outside the fire line because of gusty winds so we kept quite a few resources there (Friday) for that."
The lightning-caused fire started at 6:50 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries and no loss of structures were reported.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person