Como wildfire 20 percent contained
September 10, 2012
Officials say a wildfire burning in Nevada’s Pinenut Mountains is 20 percent contained.
The Como Fire broke out around noon Sunday and is burning in rugged terrain southeast of Dayton. No homes or structures are threatened. As of midday Monday, it has burned about 800 acres of mostly sagebrush and pinion-juniper.
The Sierra Front Wildfire Cooperators say it was sparked by a lightning strike on Saturday and fueled by gusty winds.
Three air tankers and three helicopters are assisting 160 firefighters on the ground.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person