Costumes out in full force during run/walk
October 28, 2012
Wonder Woman, Martha Washington, a dinosaur and skunk were just some of the characters who ran Saturday in the annual Nevada Day Classic Fun Run and Walk.
“There’s definitely an increase in costumes in the field,” said organizer Tom Wion. “And that’s the ultimate goal.”
Overall, he said, the race went well.
“I have one word for it,” he said. “Awesome. And efficient – two words.”
By contracting the timing out to Orange Sky Events of Reno, results were available immediately.
“We were an hour ahead of schedule,” said Wion, president of the Tahoe Mountain Milers running club that hosts the run.
Both distances, the 2-mile and 8K, both started 15 minutes earlier than usual.
“This way, we’re done with awards before the parade and out of everybody’s hair,” he said. “We’ll probably do it that way every year.”
Visit tahoemountainmilers.org this week for results.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts