Country music festival comes to CVI
August 12, 2012
Nevada Horse Park will present Rockin’ Country Music Festival at 7 p.m. Aug. 31 in the Valley Ball Room at the Carson Valley Inn.
Featuring singers include Krista Jenkins and Natalie Nielson who will perform campfire songs.
Virginia City resident Lacy J. Dalton will perform “16th Avenue,” which was voted one of Country’s Top 100 Songs by Billboard Magazine.
Dalton actively participates in the protecting, preserving and managing of wild horses in western Nevada.
Also featuring are David John and the Comstock Cowboys, a group named Nevada’s number one western band.
There will be a silent auction and a musician meet and greet from 5 to 5:45 p.m. in the Picon Lounge and Bar.
The Nevada Horse Park is also holding a raffle for a foundation bred paint horse.
Tickets are $35 or $40 for the meet and greet. All proceeds foam the concert will help the park acquire land and begin the development of the Nevada Horse Park in the Carson Valley.
Tickets are available at Ruby Rose Cowgirl Clothes, 1455 Highway 395 in Gardnerville; Lone Tree Gallery, 1598 Esmeralda Ave. in Minden; or by calling 775-781-9644.
For more information go to http://www.nevadahorsepark.com.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016