Cox fundraiser to be held Aug. 23
August 14, 2014
Anthony Cox Jr. began experiencing headaches earlier this summer. His family took him to the optometrist to get checked for glasses which showed swelling behind the nerves of his eyes. An MRI revealed a mass on our Anthony's brain.
He was taken by Medflight to the Children's Hospital in Oakland, where he had a 16-hour surgery to remove the tumor from his brain. His family learned the following week the tumor is a choroid plexus carcinoma, which is cancerous and has a 100 percent chance of coming back with the chance of being in-operable. He's currently undergoing chemo and radiation treatment to hopefully remove the cancer cells forever.
Caterpalooza will take place at Caterpillar's Hookah Lounge, 314 S. Carson St. from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23 with all proceeds being donated to Anthony Jr. to help with medical costs.
There will be live music, street vendors, and performers.
For more information visit http://www.facebook.com/events/741999592528240 or visit his fundraising page at https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/qfb5/anthony-cox-jr.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- South Carson Street open house Wednesday