‘Creative’ memoir featured at book debut party Monday
October 11, 2012
What is billed a creative memoir will be featured at a book debut party Monday in the Carson Cigar Company located at 101 N. Carson St.
The book is entitled “How to Raise a Rocket Scientist for Fun and Profit.”
Called a fictional and third-person retelling of Katie May Browne’s tale, it was written by her father – Seven Browne. Katie May Browne is a Carson City girl whose cerebral palsy didn’t stop her from academic honors and a career at NASA.
Book debut party advance information indicates she graduated from Carson High School in 2006 tops in her class, went on to the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno, and attended the NASA Academy for Future Leaders before joining NASA.
The book debut party is 4-9 p.m. Monday at the Carson Cigar Company. It will feature the author answering questions regarding the story and signing books.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population