Crowders celebrate 65 years of marriage
July 7, 2013
Bob and Dorothy Crowder of Carson City recently celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary.
The couple was married in June 1948 in Pasadena, Calif.
They met on a blind date bridge game arranged by Bob's fraternity brother and Dorothy's college roommate. Bob had recently returned from the South Pacific with the Marine Corps, and Dorothy was an elementary school teacher. Bob went on to earn a degree in petroleum engineering.
The Crowders have three sons, nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. They retired to Carson City in 1980 from Orange County, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada