Cultural board seat available
March 10, 2014
The Carson City Board of Supervisors seeks applications from residents who are interested in serving on the Cultural Commission.
The citizen-at-large commission seat is open, and requirements include being a registered Carson City voter, a willingness to serve with no compensation, and a commitment of up to 10 hours monthly. Meetings of two or three hours are held at least quarterly.
The term for the open seat will expire in January 2017.
Applications after submission are public information. Applicants may obtain them from Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., Suite No. 2.
The commission is charged with helping create an environment that "encourages excellence by area artists and cultural organizations," according to a news release.
It provides advice on such matters to the Board of Supervisors. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and interviews are tentatively scheduled at the governing board's May 1 meeting.
For more information, go to http://www.carson.org/volunteer.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19