Cultural board seat available
March 10, 2014
The Carson City Board of Supervisors seeks applications from residents who are interested in serving on the Cultural Commission.
The citizen-at-large commission seat is open, and requirements include being a registered Carson City voter, a willingness to serve with no compensation, and a commitment of up to 10 hours monthly. Meetings of two or three hours are held at least quarterly.
The term for the open seat will expire in January 2017.
Applications after submission are public information. Applicants may obtain them from Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., Suite No. 2.
The commission is charged with helping create an environment that "encourages excellence by area artists and cultural organizations," according to a news release.
It provides advice on such matters to the Board of Supervisors. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and interviews are tentatively scheduled at the governing board's May 1 meeting.
For more information, go to http://www.carson.org/volunteer.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition