Cynthia Munroe arrested on suspicion of felony hit-and-run in pedestrian fatal
March 19, 2013
Cynthia Ann Munroe, 48, was arrested late Sunday night on suspicion of fatally striking a 27-year-old pedestrian on Highway 50 East in Carson City.
The woman, whose identity has not yet been released, was struck around 11 p.m. by a black 1999 Ford Explorer just east of Airport Road, according to Trooper Barb Stapleton, spokeswoman for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
Shortly after, the Explorer was reportedly found at Pinecone and Amber streets in Dayton. Munroe, the driver, was arrested.
Also in the car were a 15-year-old boy, a 14-year-old girl and a 10-year-old boy. Monroe was taken to the Lyon County Sheriffs Office for a voluntary blood draw. She was later booked into the Carson City Jail on suspicion of felony hit-and-run with death and driving with a suspended license.
The pedestrian was not in a crosswalk, according to the Highway Patrol.
The eastbound lanes of Highway 50 East were closed for about three hours.
The name of the victim is being held pending notification of next of kin.
Anyone with information should call Trooper Doug Hildebrand at (775) 689-4623.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016