Dance instructor dies
January 11, 2014
Genoa dance instructor Larry Ward died at his Carson City home on Monday.
Ward, 77, moved to Northern Nevada from Los Angeles and Orange County in 2008, when he started his ballroom and square dancing classes.
Ward learned square dancing in school and became a caller as a 12-year-old. In his 60 years of dancing, he learned ballroom dancing, worked at movie studios and helped form the B-Sharps square dancing group — still active after 55 years. He taught dance in Los Angeles and Orange County before moving to Nevada.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016