Dance the hula, make a lei at museum
April 30, 2010
In honor of the Hawaiian tradition of celebrating Lei Day on Saturday, the Children’s Museum will have hula lessons provided by Carson City’s hula dance group, Kaulana Na Pua O Hula.
Come practice your hula, and learn how to make a lei that you can take home.
Kids also can make Mother’s Day cards.
Hula lessons will be from 11 a.m. to noon, and lei making from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Both programs are free with admission.
The Children’s Museum, 819 N. Carson St., is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Admission is $3 for ages 2-13, $5 for ages 14 to 54, $4 for seniors and free for ages
1 and younger.
For more information, go to http://www.cmnn.org or call 775-884-2226.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016