Daylilies Daze fundraiser to benefit FISH
June 19, 2012
Greenhouse Garden Center is hosting the inaugural Wine and Daylilies Daze to benefit Friends In Service Helping.
The event will take place from 4-7 p.m. Thursday.
Tickets are available at Greenhouse Garden Center and from FISH board members and the FISH administrative office for $20 a person.
Churchill Vineyards will be offering a tasting of three selected wines.
Jeff Corbett, owner and breeder of speciality daylilies, will be showing a selection of his daylily hybrids, will be available for questions and will be offering daylilies for sale.
Linda Marrone, manager of the Downtown Farmers Market, will be providing refreshments including imported cheeses, seasonal fruit and chocolate desserts.
Barbara Baxter, local jazz singer, will share her contemporary jazz music.
Shasta Leonard, licensed massage therapist, will be giving chair massages for donations to FISH.
Jose Noriega-Paz, “Chef Don Pepe” of Carpa Nevada LLC, will have his famous Portuguese olive oils used for dipping, salads, marinades, and grilling. The chef will answer questions about the Portuguese oils and his aged balsamic vinegar, and guests may sample his products.
All profits will be given to FISH.
A raffle also will take place with a selection of great prizes from local businesses to benefit FISH. Raffle tickets are $5 each or five tickets for $20.
For information or to purchase tickets, contact Greenhouse Garden Center at 882-8600 or contact FISH at 882-FISH (3474).
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat