Dayton man arrested for allegedly trying to steal liquor at Raley’s in Carson
September 5, 2013
A Dayton man was arrested Wednesday after allegedly trying to steal a bottle of liquor and pushing a security officer.
According to a Carson City Sheriff's Office arrest report:
Donald Lee Davis, 28, was seen hiding the bottle in the front waistband area of his pants and leaving the store without paying. The liquor was valued at $37.50.
The security officer confronted Davis and asked him to come back into the store with him. Davis replied, "I'm not going anywhere with you." When the security officer tried to detain him, Davis pushed him in the face, forcing him through the south doors and knocking him to the ground.
Witnesses helped deputies find Davis in the 100 block of Koontz Lane, where the security officer identified him. Davis was arrested on suspicion of robbery, and bail was set at $40,000.
He remained in the Carson City Jail on Thursday morning.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors