Dead body in Silver Springs is identified; suspect also found dead
August 11, 2012
The body of a woman found in Silver Springs on Aug. 2 was identified Friday as Amber Shay Jenkins, 20, of Silver Springs. Her boyfriend, Timothy Ray Pennington, the primary suspect in her death, was found dead Wednesday of an apparent self-inflicted gun shot, according to Lyon County Sheriff’s Office officials.
“Due to the nature of the crime scene and evidence located on the body, it was determined that the cause of (Jenkins’) death was a homicide,” according to a press release issued Friday.
According the Albert Torres, field services captain for the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office, deputies questioned Pennington, 34, the evening of Aug. 2 regarding Jenkins’ death.
The next day, Pennington’s father filed a report with the sheriff’s office that his son was missing.
Pennington’s body was reportedly found Wednesday at an abandoned business on Indigo Road in Silver Springs. It was identified Thursday as Pennington, also of Silver Springs.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Detective Charles Beck at 775-577-5096 or after 5 p.m. at 775-577-5023.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada state workers receive raise in proposed state budget by Gov. Brian Sandoval | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Heller, Amodei on wrong side of history
- Nevada’s oldest WWII vet special guest to Gov. Brian Sandoval
- Nine Carson City proposed road projects to go to RTC
- Gov. Brian Sandoval covers accomplishments, goals in State of State | 2017 Nevada Legislature