Deputies seek man who reportedly fled after Douglas County shooting
July 12, 2013
Douglas County deputies are searching for a man who allegedly shot and wounded another man Thursday afternoon in Topaz Ranch Estates.
Gary "Buck" Wilson allegedly fired a shotgun at 2:15 p.m. at the other man, who suffered a non-life-threatening shoulder wound. The Douglas County Sheriff's Office considers him armed and dangerous.
Wilson, 44, was on foot in the hills above Topaz Ranch Estates on Thursday night, according to the Sheriff's Office. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office's RAVEN helicopter was in southern Douglas County to aid in the search.
Wilson is described as 5 feet, 8 inches and 180 pounds, with shoulder-length hair. He last was seen wearing jeans and no shirt.
Anyone with information about Wilson's location is asked to call Secret Witness at 775-782-7463.
A reward is being offered for his capture.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts