Diners hurt in Vegas vehicle-restaurant crash
April 2, 2013
LAS VEGAS — Police say diners are reported injured after a vehicle crashed into a Las Vegas restaurant during the lunch hour.
Las Vegas police Officer Laura Meltzer said she didn’t immediately know the number of people hurt and didn’t know if anyone was killed when the vehicle hit the Egg & I restaurant on Sahara Avenue a little after 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Meltzer says rescuers initially summoned at least 10 ambulances to the eatery a few blocks west of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police say one person was arrested.
Meltzer says some of the injured may have been dining on a patio outside the restaurant, and witnesses may have grabbed the driver when he or she tried to leave the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016