Dog show this weekend at Fuji Park
September 27, 2012
The Bonanza Kennel Club of Carson City will hold the 24th annual licensed AKC all-breed dog show at 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at Fuji Park.
The show will include a demonstration by the Carson City Sheriff’s Office K9 unit on Saturday. Mayor Bob Crowell will present the best in show trophy.
Additional events include an AKC sanctioned “B” match on Saturday. An obedience and rally competition will take place for AKC registered and AKC Canine Partners registered dogs, an event open to dogs without papers that are verified by a veterinarian to be a recognized breed. These dogs can be registered in this program and can compete in any AKC event except conformation.
All dogs in the show area must be eligible to compete in one of the AKC events. AKC registered dogs from four months and older can enter the day of the show. Each dog present must be on a lead and under the control of the owner at all times.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016