Donations sought for RSVP fireworks
June 12, 2012
The Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program is seeking donations for its annual 4th of July celebration in Mills Park.
The celebration, which has served as a fundraiser for senior program for the past 20 years, is short of its $20,000 goal.
“We have to raise at least that amount in order to give everyone a great show,” says a press release from Janice Ayres, director of Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program. “We have a number of local businesses who have generously donated, but we need much more to reach our goal.”
Ayres said RSVP keeps sponsoring the fireworks for two reasons.
“It is a fundraiser that helps low-income seniors remain at home and out of costly institutions,” the press release said. It also gives the state capital “some pride in having its own fireworks, so that city residents don’t have to travel elsewhere to see a show.” The Carson City show is at Mills Park.
Donations can be made to “RSVP Fireworks” and sent to Mutual of Omaha Bank, 1101 N. Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701; or to RSVP, P.O. Box 1708, Carson City, NV 89702.
RSVP is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, so donations are tax-deductible.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat