Donations sought for RSVP fireworks
June 12, 2012
The Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program is seeking donations for its annual 4th of July celebration in Mills Park.
The celebration, which has served as a fundraiser for senior program for the past 20 years, is short of its $20,000 goal.
“We have to raise at least that amount in order to give everyone a great show,” says a press release from Janice Ayres, director of Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program. “We have a number of local businesses who have generously donated, but we need much more to reach our goal.”
Ayres said RSVP keeps sponsoring the fireworks for two reasons.
“It is a fundraiser that helps low-income seniors remain at home and out of costly institutions,” the press release said. It also gives the state capital “some pride in having its own fireworks, so that city residents don’t have to travel elsewhere to see a show.” The Carson City show is at Mills Park.
Donations can be made to “RSVP Fireworks” and sent to Mutual of Omaha Bank, 1101 N. Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701; or to RSVP, P.O. Box 1708, Carson City, NV 89702.
RSVP is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, so donations are tax-deductible.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19