Douglas/Lyon traffic safety action under way
October 24, 2013
The Lyon County and Douglas County sheriff’s offices are conducting traffic-safety and impaired-driving enforcement through mid-November.
According to Deputy Julie Redmond of Lyon County, the event began Monday and will end Nov. 16. The enforcement is focused on the Dayton, Fernley, Stagecoach, Silver Springs and Mason Valley areas.
The deputy credited Lt. Johnny Smith, coordinator for the Joining Forces/Office of Traffic Safety, with helping in the program. Joining Forces/Nevada Office of Traffic Safety effort has been operating since 2000.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016