Douglas/Lyon traffic safety action under way
October 24, 2013
The Lyon County and Douglas County sheriff's offices are conducting traffic-safety and impaired-driving enforcement through mid-November.
According to Deputy Julie Redmond of Lyon County, the event began Monday and will end Nov. 16. The enforcement is focused on the Dayton, Fernley, Stagecoach, Silver Springs and Mason Valley areas.
The deputy credited Lt. Johnny Smith, coordinator for the Joining Forces/Office of Traffic Safety, with helping in the program. Joining Forces/Nevada Office of Traffic Safety effort has been operating since 2000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada