DRI inks new cooperative agreement with Chinese scientific institute
September 24, 2012
The Desert Research Institute in Reno has signed a renewed memorandum of understanding with the Chinese Academy of Science Institute of Earth Environment.
The deal to share ideas, resources and exchange both students and scientists was announced during Gov. Brian Sandoval’s trade mission to Asia last week.
Under the agreement, the two entities will partner on research involving the atmospheric sciences, expanding on a relationship between DRI and the institute that dates to 1997.
Dr. Judith Chow of DRI said the relationship is extremely beneficial to both DRI and the institute as well as supporting the economies of both Nevada and China.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts