DRI inks new cooperative agreement with Chinese scientific institute
September 24, 2012
The Desert Research Institute in Reno has signed a renewed memorandum of understanding with the Chinese Academy of Science Institute of Earth Environment.
The deal to share ideas, resources and exchange both students and scientists was announced during Gov. Brian Sandoval’s trade mission to Asia last week.
Under the agreement, the two entities will partner on research involving the atmospheric sciences, expanding on a relationship between DRI and the institute that dates to 1997.
Dr. Judith Chow of DRI said the relationship is extremely beneficial to both DRI and the institute as well as supporting the economies of both Nevada and China.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts