Dryer fire evacuates motel
April 4, 2007
A fire in a dryer at a Carson City motel was knocked down quickly Wednesday morning by firefighters.
Carson City Acting Battalion Chief Jim Quilici said fire crews were called to a Plaza Motel building at 711 Plaza St. about 11:40 a.m.
“The fire was confined to the drum of the dryer,” said Quilici.
He said an adjoining room suffered minor smoke damage.
No one was injured. Tenants and employees in the immediate area were evacuated.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat