DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
May 23, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is stepping up its patrols, especially for drunken drivers, during Memorial Day weekend.
The extra patrols begin Friday and will last through the holiday, Sgt. Darrin Sloan said.
A DUI checkpoint will be set up close to downtown from 6 p.m. until midnight Friday. Enforcers of underage-drinking laws also will be on patrol.
"We're hoping the high presence (of officers) will" quell any bad activities during the weekend, Sloan said.
The Sheriff's Office recommends committing to a taxi or designating a sober driver for those who are drinking.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’