DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
May 23, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is stepping up its patrols, especially for drunken drivers, during Memorial Day weekend.
The extra patrols begin Friday and will last through the holiday, Sgt. Darrin Sloan said.
A DUI checkpoint will be set up close to downtown from 6 p.m. until midnight Friday. Enforcers of underage-drinking laws also will be on patrol.
"We're hoping the high presence (of officers) will" quell any bad activities during the weekend, Sloan said.
The Sheriff's Office recommends committing to a taxi or designating a sober driver for those who are drinking.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition