DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
May 23, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is stepping up its patrols, especially for drunken drivers, during Memorial Day weekend.
The extra patrols begin Friday and will last through the holiday, Sgt. Darrin Sloan said.
A DUI checkpoint will be set up close to downtown from 6 p.m. until midnight Friday. Enforcers of underage-drinking laws also will be on patrol.
“We’re hoping the high presence (of officers) will” quell any bad activities during the weekend, Sloan said.
The Sheriff’s Office recommends committing to a taxi or designating a sober driver for those who are drinking.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City