DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
May 23, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is stepping up its patrols, especially for drunken drivers, during Memorial Day weekend.
The extra patrols begin Friday and will last through the holiday, Sgt. Darrin Sloan said.
A DUI checkpoint will be set up close to downtown from 6 p.m. until midnight Friday. Enforcers of underage-drinking laws also will be on patrol.
"We're hoping the high presence (of officers) will" quell any bad activities during the weekend, Sloan said.
The Sheriff's Office recommends committing to a taxi or designating a sober driver for those who are drinking.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club