DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
May 23, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is stepping up its patrols, especially for drunken drivers, during Memorial Day weekend.
The extra patrols begin Friday and will last through the holiday, Sgt. Darrin Sloan said.
A DUI checkpoint will be set up close to downtown from 6 p.m. until midnight Friday. Enforcers of underage-drinking laws also will be on patrol.
"We're hoping the high presence (of officers) will" quell any bad activities during the weekend, Sloan said.
The Sheriff's Office recommends committing to a taxi or designating a sober driver for those who are drinking.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population