Elks honor Zogorski with Citizen of the Year award
March 30, 2014
Tahoe-Douglas Elks announced Tom Zogorski, a Past Exalted Ruler of the Lodge, as its Citizen of the Year.
Zogorski helped secure grants from Grand Lodge which aids the Lodge in its community activities. He is also involved in veterans affairs and regularly delivers hygiene and comfort items to hospitalized veterans. He is active in the Live Violence Free program in Lake Tahoe which provides emergency food for needy children and families and serves as director of Welcome All Veterans Everywhere, or WAVE.
Other awards presented were Elk of the Year to Neil Peddicord and Officer of the Year to Toni Wendt. Both were honored for their many dedication and volunteer hours.
The event included a steak dinner for 100 attendees; proceeds benefited the Elks Hoop Shoot program. Members of Douglas High School JROTC presented the flags and members of Douglas High School's Key Club served dinner. Jim Schramm served as Master of Ceremonies and Chuck Harris was the event chairman.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman