Emergency preparedness exercise Wednesday
November 13, 2012
The State Capitol will be cordoned off Wednesday morning for a full-scale exercise in emergency preparedness.
A “safety perimeter” manned by the Nevada Highway Patrol and deputies from the Carson City Sheriff’s Office will be in force around the Capitol, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol. The Capitol building will be closed to the public during the exercise.
Emergency vehicles will be heavily involved in and around the exercise. All employees assigned to the capitol will be participating. It is the third training in a set of three: in September, the capitol employees performed an emergency evacuation and in October, they performed an earthquake drill.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat