Emergency preparedness exercise Wednesday
November 13, 2012
The State Capitol will be cordoned off Wednesday morning for a full-scale exercise in emergency preparedness.
A “safety perimeter” manned by the Nevada Highway Patrol and deputies from the Carson City Sheriff’s Office will be in force around the Capitol, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol. The Capitol building will be closed to the public during the exercise.
Emergency vehicles will be heavily involved in and around the exercise. All employees assigned to the capitol will be participating. It is the third training in a set of three: in September, the capitol employees performed an emergency evacuation and in October, they performed an earthquake drill.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’