English as a Second Language program seeks tutors
September 11, 2012
The English as a Second Language In-Home Program of Northern Nevada, a not-for-profit volunteer service organization, provides one-on-one English tutoring at no cost through the help of community volunteer tutors.
The program needs more volunteers.
The organization began in 2004 with one tutor teaching English basic skills to six adults. Today, 132 tutors teach 297 students.
However, more than 77 people in Carson City are on a waiting list.
ESL In-Home Program provides training and materials that the tutor will need at no cost.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage