Event encouraging support of local restaurants
November 20, 2014
The U.S. Small Business Administration is partnering with the National Restaurant Association to promote dining out during Small Business Saturday on Nov. 29. The partnership will amplify restaurants during the national push to support small businesses on the busiest shopping weekend of the year.
The event will emphasize the accomplishments of small business restaurants across the country while encouraging consumers to patronize eateries in their neighborhoods. Small business owners and community members are encouraged to share success stories of restaurants in their areas on social media using the hashtag "#DineSmall."
The Small Business Administration will launch a social media campaign called #ShowUsYourMenu. Restaurants are asked to create a menu for Small Business Saturday and promote it on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites to spotlight their business and remind everyone to #DineSmall while they #ShopSmall.
For more information about the event, go to http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinesssaturday. To learn more about the SBA, go to http://www.sba.gov. For more about the National Restaurant Association, go to Restaurant.org, or find it on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond