Fawn rescued in Bison fire
July 9, 2013
A Nevada Division of Forestry hand crew found a fawn alone and scared while working the Bison fire in the Pine Nut Mountains on Friday. The fawn was presumed dead, but upon closer inspection was alive.
The NDOF crew passed the deer off to a Reno fire crew, which gave her oxygen and water.
Mike Lawrence, crew boss with Pierce Fire, then took the fawn and transported her off the mountain. The deer was taken by the Nevada Department of Wildlife from the Pierce Fire crew. NDOW said the deer was in good health.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office