Fawn rescued in Bison fire
July 9, 2013
A Nevada Division of Forestry hand crew found a fawn alone and scared while working the Bison fire in the Pine Nut Mountains on Friday. The fawn was presumed dead, but upon closer inspection was alive.
The NDOF crew passed the deer off to a Reno fire crew, which gave her oxygen and water.
Mike Lawrence, crew boss with Pierce Fire, then took the fawn and transported her off the mountain. The deer was taken by the Nevada Department of Wildlife from the Pierce Fire crew. NDOW said the deer was in good health.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016