‘Feds Feed Families’ hold food drive at farmers market
August 7, 2014
"Feds Feed Families," a food drive to benefit the hungry in Carson City, will accept donations and gleaned produce at the Aug. 9 and Aug. 16 Third and Curry Street Farmer's Markets in Carson City. Donations will benefit the Ron Wood Family Resource Center, a local food pantry that provides emergency rations for about 425 families each week.
"We are seeing many more families in need, and seniors too, which is sad," said Pam Winebarger, the food bank and volunteer coordinator, said the need in the community is great.
Ongoing donations of canned foods or nonperishable dry foods can be made directly to the Ron Wood Family Resource Center, located at 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 62. The food drive will run through Aug. 27.
For more information, contact FFF food drive coordinator Kelly Clark at (775) 887-1222 ext. 130.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada