Fernley man dies in crash while fleeing deputies
August 4, 2014
A Fernley man died Friday night when he crashed his motorcycle while fleeing from Churchill County Sheriff's deputies.
Gregory Vasquez, 23, lost control of the cycle in a turn, slid into the curb and hit a tree, according to a press release.
He was transported to Churchill Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A patrol deputy allegedly tried to pull him over for a traffic violation in Fallon but he sped away. He turned onto New River Parkway — a dead end street.
The deputy was waiting for him when he came back out. He reportedly fled again instead of pulling over and, when he tried to make a right turn too fast, lost control of the bike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office