Fernley man dies in crash while fleeing deputies
August 4, 2014
A Fernley man died Friday night when he crashed his motorcycle while fleeing from Churchill County Sheriff’s deputies.
Gregory Vasquez, 23, lost control of the cycle in a turn, slid into the curb and hit a tree, according to a press release.
He was transported to Churchill Community Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A patrol deputy allegedly tried to pull him over for a traffic violation in Fallon but he sped away. He turned onto New River Parkway — a dead end street.
The deputy was waiting for him when he came back out. He reportedly fled again instead of pulling over and, when he tried to make a right turn too fast, lost control of the bike.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016