Fire restrictions tight for 2005
June 29, 2005
The following fire restrictions will be enforced on lands owned by The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City Field Office, the Carson & Bridgeport Ranger Districts of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest and the Nevada Division of Forestry’s Sierra Fire Protection District.
• The Jacks Valley Wildlife Area is closed to all vehicle traffic.
• Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire except a portable stove using gas or pressurized liquid fuel, outside of a developed fee campground or picnic area except by permit.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or at a developed campground or picnic area.
• Welding, or operating an acetylene torch with open flames, except by permit.
• Using or causing to be used, any explosive, except by permit.
Recommended Stories For You
• Firing a tracer, incendiary device or possessing/using fireworks.
• Open burning (e.g. weeds, brush and yard debris).