Fleet Reserve Association hosting essay contest
September 12, 2012
The Sierra-Tahoe branch of The Fleet Reserve Association is accepting essays from students grades 7-12 through Dec. 1.
“What my vote will mean to me” is the theme for this year’s essay. Essays must be no longer than 350 words and must be legibly written or typed on one side of paper. Entries must be accompanied by a separate sheet stating entrant’s name, address, telephone number, school grade, name of school or indication of home schooling, number of words in the essay and the sponsoring branch, unit or sponsor’s name. Local entrants will be sponsored by the FRA Sierra-Tahoe Branch 137. Essays can be submitted at P.O. Box 1342, Minden, NV, 89423.
For more information, call 775-267-9592 or go to http://www.fra.org.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage