‘Flying High for Veterans’ benefit on Sept. 29
September 14, 2012
The High Sierra Radio Control Club will host a “Flying High for Veterans” benefit from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Pony Express Airpark, 3555 Flint Drive.
There will be a full schedule of demonstrations of military and civilian scale model aircraft, a miniature aircraft version of the National Air Races, and many aerobatic flying acts. In addition, there will be a large static display of models of military and other aircraft of all vintages. Upscale mobile food cuisine from I’d Eat There and cold beverages will be available for purchase.
The event is free and all food sales and donations will benefit the Veterans Guest House in Reno.
For more information, call 775-461-0662.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada