Food drive Saturday
May 5, 2013
Letter carriers will again be collecting non-perishable food on Saturday to benefit Northern Nevada food banks.
Those wishing to contribute are asked to leave a sturdy bag containing non-perishable, non-expired foods, like canned soup, canned vegetables, pasta, rice or cereal, next to the mailbox prior to the time of regular mail delivery.
The food collected will benefit Friends In Service Helping in Carson City, the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, Project Mana in Truckee and Incline, FISH in Dayton, Lyon County Human Services in Yerington, the Carson Valley Food Closet in Douglas County and the Churchill Community Pantry in Fallon.
Food also can be dropped off at main post office, 1111 S. Roop St.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office