Food drive Saturday
May 5, 2013
Letter carriers will again be collecting non-perishable food on Saturday to benefit Northern Nevada food banks.
Those wishing to contribute are asked to leave a sturdy bag containing non-perishable, non-expired foods, like canned soup, canned vegetables, pasta, rice or cereal, next to the mailbox prior to the time of regular mail delivery.
The food collected will benefit Friends In Service Helping in Carson City, the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, Project Mana in Truckee and Incline, FISH in Dayton, Lyon County Human Services in Yerington, the Carson Valley Food Closet in Douglas County and the Churchill Community Pantry in Fallon.
Food also can be dropped off at main post office, 1111 S. Roop St.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person