Former Miss Nevada to announce for Assembly
November 3, 2009
CARSON CITY (AP) – Former Miss Nevada Teresa Benitez-Thompson says she will seek the District 27 Assembly seat in Reno being vacated by veteran Assemblywoman Sheila Leslie.
A Democrat, Benitez-Thompson plans an official announcement on Wednesday in Reno.
She is seeking to replace Leslie, who over the weekend announced her candidacy for the state Senate seat currently held by Sen. Bernice Mathews.
Both Leslie and Mathews are prevented from seeking re-election to their current posts because of term limits.
Benitez-Thompson is a hospice social worker and previously worked as an adoption recruitment specialist for Washoe County.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims