Four Carson City JOIN clients pass new credential assessment
April 7, 2013
JOIN Inc. in Carson City recently launched the National Work Readiness Credential, or NWRC. Its pilot class of four JOIN clients passed the assessment and received the credential.
According to a news release: NWRC assesses entry-level job preparedness in four areas: workplace reading, workplace math, active listening and situational judgment. JOIN was the first organization in Nevada to implement it.
"The JOIN clients didn't just pass the assessment but excelled with high scores on all four modules of the assessment," said JOIN instructor Augusta Hinton.
Passing the assessment requires a score of 70 or better. The four JOIN clients in the pilot class averaged a score of 94.
"Employers really do care if job applicants have this credential," Carson City JOIN manager Lynda Gotelli said. "The credential streamlines the hiring process and helps employers improve productivity and minimize turnover."
JOIN is forming the next NWRC class for its clients. To learn more about JOIN and its work force training and eligibility, call 775-283-0125.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water