Free Alzheimer’s caregiving training set
March 10, 2013
RSVP and the Alzheimer’s Association will offer free caregiving training from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 22 in Room 102 of the Reynolds Technology Center at Western Nevada College’s Carson City campus.
Training is designed for family caregivers and respite volunteers to be able to more effectively help people with from Alzheimer’s disease.
Topics to be covered include safety at home and on the road; vision and other impairments; when to stop driving; legal and financial planning; research updates; clinical trials; and brain health. Lunch will be provided, and there will be time for questions and discussion.
For more information or to register, contact Kathy Hanson, AmeriCorps VISTA member, at 775-687-4680, ext. 3.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary