Free Alzheimer’s caregiving training set
March 10, 2013
RSVP and the Alzheimer’s Association will offer free caregiving training from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 22 in Room 102 of the Reynolds Technology Center at Western Nevada College’s Carson City campus.
Training is designed for family caregivers and respite volunteers to be able to more effectively help people with from Alzheimer’s disease.
Topics to be covered include safety at home and on the road; vision and other impairments; when to stop driving; legal and financial planning; research updates; clinical trials; and brain health. Lunch will be provided, and there will be time for questions and discussion.
For more information or to register, contact Kathy Hanson, AmeriCorps VISTA member, at 775-687-4680, ext. 3.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City