Fundraiser for wife of Carson City Deputy Sheriff
November 10, 2014
Carson City Deputy Sheriff Thomas McDonald has suffered a severe family tragedy involving his wife Linda McDonald. On Nov. 3, Linda was transported to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center only later being flown to Renown Medical Center due to a brain aneurysm. Linda has been in the ICU, suffering two stroke type events and was placed in a medically educed coma. She was removed from the ventilator on Nov. 8 and is semi responsive.
Her short term and long term prognosis is not yet known.
Linda is 53 years old and has worked for the same employer for the past 24 years. She has one child and one grandchild. Linda moved to the Carson City Community in support of her husband's career.
The Carson City Deputy Sheriff's Association is asking for the public's help on behalf of the McDonald family. A donation account has been established at Heritage Bank of Nevada, account # 2000011987, all donations will go to the McDonald family for various costs incurred.
Don Gibson is president, Carson City Deputy Sheriff's Association. P.O. Box 3244 Carson City, NV 89701.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman