Fundraisers set to aid Valley toddler
February 14, 2014
The Genoa Bar and Flight Restaurant are hosting fundraisers tonight and Sunday to benefit 3-year-old Olivia Simmons, whose father died Jan. 29.
Buk Taco and friends are performing live starting at 7:30 p.m. at Genoa Bar.
“I’ve known Donnie for years, and everybody wanted to do something for Olivia,” Genoa Bar owner Willie Webb said. “It’s going to be an open-mic night with bands from all over the Valley who knew Donnie playing all night.”
The second fundraiser is more family-friendly — a spaghetti feed from 2-8 p.m. Sunday at the Flight Restaurant, with all proceeds going to the Olivia fund.
There will also be live music from local bands.
The spaghetti dinner costs $10, and donations are welcome.
For more information, call Webb at 775-782-3870.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016