Garden tour set for Saturday in downtown Carson City
June 20, 2013
The Carson City Historical Society plans to lead people down the garden path Saturday.
"Down the Garden Path" is the name of the society's garden and historic house tour, which will run from noon to 4:30 p.m. and end with a reception that follows the trek to nine properties. The reception will feature wine and refreshments, along with presentations by local experts.
The tour costs $10 per person. For more information, call 775-887-8865.
Tickets are on sale at the Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St., and Due Sorella, 202 N. Curry St., or on tour day from 11 a.m. on at the Foreman-Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St.
The experts will take questions at a reception in the historic district at 214 W. King St., the location of the final garden the tour will visit. On hand will be David and Julie Ruff of the Greenhouse Garden Center, JoAnne Skelly of the University of Nevada, Reno's cooperative extension, Tom Henderson of Healthy Trees and David Zhart, billed as "The Bee Man."
In addition, as part of the tour the Mark Twain Garden Club will sell distinctive bird feeders.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts