Gardnerville man killed in I-80 wreck
November 8, 2013
A Gardnerville man was one of two construction workers killed in a crash Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 80.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol:
Candace Gittins, 69, of Fort Bragg, Calif., was driving a Honda sedan east in the left lane in a marked construction zone between Battle Mountain and Elko. She failed to slow down for traffic ahead and struck four construction workers, then hit the back of a truck. Vicki Stonvich, 53, of Spring Creek died at the scene, and Arthur Lucero, 47, of Gardnerville died later at Renown Medical Center.
Neither Gittins nor her passenger was injured.
One of the other construction workers was hospitalized, and the other suffered minor injuries. All were employed by A-Core.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors