Gardnerville man killed in I-80 wreck
November 8, 2013
A Gardnerville man was one of two construction workers killed in a crash Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 80.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol:
Candace Gittins, 69, of Fort Bragg, Calif., was driving a Honda sedan east in the left lane in a marked construction zone between Battle Mountain and Elko. She failed to slow down for traffic ahead and struck four construction workers, then hit the back of a truck. Vicki Stonvich, 53, of Spring Creek died at the scene, and Arthur Lucero, 47, of Gardnerville died later at Renown Medical Center.
Neither Gittins nor her passenger was injured.
One of the other construction workers was hospitalized, and the other suffered minor injuries. All were employed by A-Core.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat