Gardnerville man killed in I-80 wreck
November 8, 2013
A Gardnerville man was one of two construction workers killed in a crash Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 80.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol:
Candace Gittins, 69, of Fort Bragg, Calif., was driving a Honda sedan east in the left lane in a marked construction zone between Battle Mountain and Elko. She failed to slow down for traffic ahead and struck four construction workers, then hit the back of a truck. Vicki Stonvich, 53, of Spring Creek died at the scene, and Arthur Lucero, 47, of Gardnerville died later at Renown Medical Center.
Neither Gittins nor her passenger was injured.
One of the other construction workers was hospitalized, and the other suffered minor injuries. All were employed by A-Core.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population