Gardnerville utility requests expansion
July 17, 2012
Gardnerville Town Water Co. has filed an application with the state Public Utilities Commission to expand its service territory.
The application would expand the service area to include the Peri Enterprises and Barton Health Care Systems developments. It would also change the utility’s name to Gardnerville Water Co.
The agency has operated as a municipal utility since 1978 and provides water service to about 2,500 residential, commercial and irrigation connections in Gardnerville. Company officials say the proposed expansion would have no effect on service.
The PUC invites interested and affected people to petition to intervene or comment on the plan at the PUC office, at 1150 E. William St. in Carson City. The deadline to do so is Aug. 1.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts