Gas prices up 6 cents from last week
September 4, 2012
Average retail gasoline prices in Nevada have risen 5.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.80 per gallon on Monday.
According to gasoline price website NevadaGasPrices.com, Nevada prices now stand at the national average of $3.80 a gallon. In Carson City, the average price was closer to $3.90.
Including the change in gas prices in Nevada during the past week, prices Monday were 12.4 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and are 31.1 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. The national average has increased 20.3 cents per gallon during the past month and stands 12.9 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago.
“With the conclusion of the summer driving season, we can expect gasoline prices to go on a diet,” said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Man arrested on DUI-third after crash says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)