Girl, 3, dies in crash near Lake Tahoe
July 31, 2013
A 3-year-old girl was killed Tuesday night in a three-vehicle crash at U.S. Highway 50 and Cave Rock that injured at least 10 other people.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 8:50 p.m. when a westbound Cadillac sport utility vehicle crossed the double yellow line and sideswiped a GMC sport utility vehicle in the eastbound lanes, causing it to overturn. The Cadillac then careened head-on into an eastbound Chrysler minivan in which the girl was reportedly riding.
Several other people in the vehicles involved hospitalized. Two were flown by helicopter.
All lanes were closed for about five hours while crews investigated. Trooper Kris Satterwhite of the Major Accident Investigation Team is now investigating. Anyone with information is asked to contact him at 775-689-4682 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case No. NHP-130701640.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016